Betty's Attic
Shop Betty’s Attic.com for nostalgic collectibles. Betty's Attic offers baby boomer toys, dolls, puzzles and games plus classic television, movie and radio memorabilia… Recycle
Friday, October 21, 2016
"Each year the Great Pumpkin rises out of the pumpkin patch he thinks is the most sincere." ~Linus

When I was a kid, I watched It's The Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown every Halloween. And every year I hoped that one day the Great Pumpkin would finally appear and show everyone that Linus was right. Though the only one who ever rose out of the pumpkin patch was a beagle (Snoopy), that didn't stop me - or Linus - from believing with all sincerity that one Halloween night the Great Pumpkin would appear.

The Great Pumpkin celebrates its 50th birthday on October 27, the original air date of the PEANUTS Halloween special. Lots of events are planned to honor the Halloween special’s golden anniversary, including over 90 farms across the country hosting PEANUTS-themed corn mazes. Check your local papers for the events near you. Then watch it again as ABC hosts a special airing of the beloved special on Friday, October 28 on ABC.

I've seen the PEANUTS Halloween special dozens of times over the years. I know how the story ends. But still...the kid in me can't help but think, "Maybe this year..."

Happy Birthday Great Pumpkin! I'll be looking for you again this Halloween...

 

Posted by: Betty | 8:00 AM | permalink
Newer›  ‹Older

© 2017 Johnson Smith Co.