Betty's Attic
Shop Betty’s Attic.com for nostalgic collectibles. Betty's Attic offers baby boomer toys, dolls, puzzles and games plus classic television, movie and radio memorabilia… Recycle
Friday, August 26, 2016
You might think that by the time the Pokémon game came out in 2006, I would have been too old for video games. Think again. I played right along with my kids. Some people would say I used my kids as an excuse to play the game. And they'd be right. I was just as excited for every new game, cartoon, comic and card set as they were.

Twenty years later, we're all playing Pokémon Go. Along with about 130 million other people all over the world, we get out of the house, away from the TV and try to capture every Pokémon within reach. Fair warning: it's so much fun that you do have to be careful not to get carried away by the chase.

I loved the old video game (and the cartoons, cards, comic books, movies and toys), but the "location-based augmented reality" version of the game is a whole new world.  Not only can you play it anywhere, there are more Pokémon to collect, more places to collect them, and even global fighting teams you can join. But here's the best part of all: this is the first time in my life I've actually lost weight playing a video game!

Posted by: Betty | 8:00 AM | permalink
Newer›  ‹Older

© 2017 Johnson Smith Co.