Betty's Attic
Shop Betty’s Attic.com for nostalgic collectibles. Betty's Attic offers baby boomer toys, dolls, puzzles and games plus classic television, movie and radio memorabilia… Recycle
Friday, May 27, 2016
John Wayne would have been 109 years old yesterday. Born Marion Mitchell Morrison, "The Duke" was one of my favorite cowboy heroes. Tough. Fair. And for a man of so few words, he always had something smart to say.

As I was watching some of his old movies on DVD this week, I decided to gather up a few of my favorite quotes to share with you in honor of his birthday.
  • Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway.
  • Talk low, talk slow, and don't talk too much.
  • Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday.
  • Get off your horse and drink your milk.
And my favorite of all:
  • When you come to see a picture of mine, I want you to know that I'm not going to do anything that will make you uncomfortable. I want you to know that you won't be disappointed in me.
I was never, ever disappointed in a John Wayne movie or in the man. To me, he was and still is, one of America's greatest heroes. On screen and off.


Posted by: Betty | 12:00 PM | permalink
Newer›  ‹Older

© 2017 Johnson Smith Co.