Betty's Attic
Shop Betty’s Attic.com for nostalgic collectibles. Betty's Attic offers baby boomer toys, dolls, puzzles and games plus classic television, movie and radio memorabilia… Recycle
Friday, April 29, 2016
Who doesn't love a Kewpie doll? The adorable little creatures have been around since way before I was born and I can't remember a time when I didn't own at least one. I think I must have about 40 of them now. (Not including the ones in the attic, of course.)

Modeled after Cupid, the Roman God of Love, Kewpie got her start as a comic strip in the early 1900s. A symbol of love and innocence, she was featured  in the "Ladies Home Journal" and other women's magazines. Like Cupid,  Kewpie battled injustice and helped people who were in trouble. Or sometimes she just made magazine readers laugh.

I fell in love with Kewpie dolls as soon as I saw one. They were irresistible to me then and they still are. With their cherubic faces and that cute little sideways glance that spells mischief, mystery and fun, I just can't stop collecting them. Even if some of them have to live up in the attic.

Posted by: Betty | 8:00 AM | permalink
Newer›  ‹Older

© 2017 Johnson Smith Co.