Betty's Attic
Shop Betty’s Attic.com for nostalgic collectibles. Betty's Attic offers baby boomer toys, dolls, puzzles and games plus classic television, movie and radio memorabilia… Recycle
Friday, December 4, 2015
No one ever forgets a toy that made him or her supremely happy as a child, even if that toy is replaced by one like it that is much nicer.
- Stephen King

Everyone remembers special toys from their childhood. Especially the ones that made them "supremely happy".  Looking back on it, I wish I had treated some of my toys a little more gently. The ones that survived are packed away in the attic, but there's not much "play" left in them.

But a lot of the toys I played with as a kid are still around or they're being re-released in retro versions. Which makes me supremely happy as an adult!

I'm too big for the Wonder Horse, of course, but my grandkids can still enjoy a rocking good ride. If I'm lucky, they'll be willing to share on Christmas Day. So maybe I can still box Bozo in his big red nose, make all kinds of things out of Play-Doh, spend hours doodling on a Spirograph or peer at fun pictures through the View-Master. And no matter how old or young, the classic rubber ducky is a must-have for bath time and it's THE perfect stocking stuffer.

The fact that these toys are still around speaks to their classic value — not their collectors' value, but their play value. Kids have video games and all kinds of gadgets and devices these days, but lots of them still want the classics this Christmas. Which just goes to show that our generation grew up with  the best toys EVER.

Posted by: Betty | 8:00 AM | permalink
Newer›  ‹Older

© 2017 Johnson Smith Co.