Betty's Attic
Shop Betty’s Attic.com for nostalgic collectibles. Betty's Attic offers baby boomer toys, dolls, puzzles and games plus classic television, movie and radio memorabilia… Recycle
Friday, September 22, 2017
In September 1985 Betty White, Rue McClanahan, Bea Arthur, and Estelle Getty hit the small screen with a show like no other. It starred four "old ladies", but the show wasn't just for the silver haired set. The Golden Girls was funny, smart, and bawdy. Everyone loved it - young and old.

I never missed an episode. Because of The Golden Girls, I even got a "fancy" VCR that you could program to tape your favorite shows while you were out. I still have some of the tapes up in the attic. And the VCR, too.

My friends and I still watch it (are we Golden Girls ourselves now!?) but we don't watch on my VCR. We all have those new-fangled DVDs or DVRs or D-Something-or-other that our kids had to hook up for us.

In my little circle of friends, each of us can identify with at least one of the Girls. Our little group definitely has a Sophia and a Dorothy. We even have our own "bawdy Blanche" and "rural Rose"...but I'm not telling who's who!



Posted by: Betty | 8:00 AM | permalink
Newer›  ‹Older

© 2017 Johnson Smith Co.