Betty's Attic
Shop Betty’s Attic.com for nostalgic collectibles. Betty's Attic offers baby boomer toys, dolls, puzzles and games plus classic television, movie and radio memorabilia… Recycle
Friday, June 16, 2017
Wonder Woman Fleece ThrowI've been waiting (not so patiently) since January to see the new Wonder Woman movie. But I waited a little too long to buy my tickets so I missed the June 2nd premiere. Seems I was just one of many, many fans eager to relive childhood memories of the warrior princess. I finally secured a seat last weekend and WOW! was it worth the wait!

With a take of $450 million to date, DC's new movie crushed the box office just like its Amazonian hero flattens bad guys. The film easily overtook The Fate of the Furious and Logan, landing right behind Guardians of the Galaxy for top spot at the box.

Cash counting aside, Wonder Woman is a smash for good reason: it's movie-making at its very best. The characters are skillfully drawn, the acting is superb, and the story is both new and familiar. It's cleverly funny, action-packed, and perfectly paced. Two hours went by like twenty minutes. When the credits rolled, you could feel the collective "Awww....it's over already?" from the audience.

My friends and I left the theater dying to see Wonder Woman 2. There's no word yet on when it's coming out, but Diana will be back. With plenty of unanswered questions - Did Ares really die? Was he lying about Diana's origins? Is she a god or not? - there's enough material to make two or maybe even three sequels. I don't know when the next movie will be released, but I know one thing: I'll be watching the clock. This time I plan to be first in line to get tickets for opening night!

Posted by: Betty | 8:00 AM | permalink
Newer›  ‹Older

© 2017 Johnson Smith Co.