Betty's Attic
Shop Betty’s Attic.com for nostalgic collectibles. Betty's Attic offers baby boomer toys, dolls, puzzles and games plus classic television, movie and radio memorabilia… Recycle
Friday, March 3, 2017
What's the best way to revisit your favorite childhood shows? Follow a child.

That's what I did last weekend when I decided to take on babysitting for the family while they were out wedding shopping for my niece. My houseful was more than a handful and I was at my wit's end trying to corral all those kids. Until I found my old Sesame Street DVDs.

When I was that age, you couldn't tear me away from the adventures of Big Bird, Oscar the Grouch, The Count, and Cookie Monster. So I hoped my trusty DVDs would capture (and quiet) this new generation of rambunctious kids.

Worked like a charm.

The kids sat in a semicircle around the TV and counted with The Count, identified shapes with Kermit The Frog, learned letters from the adult cast members, and giggled as Cookie Monster gobbled down treats.  It worked on me, too. I couldn't help but join them on the living room floor. When the adults finally came home from shopping, they found a houseful of happy kids and this happy kid-at-heart who was very glad to see them. These days I need a little help getting up from the floor!

Posted by: Betty | 8:00 AM | permalink
Newer›  ‹Older

© 2017 Johnson Smith Co.