Betty's Attic
Shop Betty’s Attic.com for nostalgic collectibles. Betty's Attic offers baby boomer toys, dolls, puzzles and games plus classic television, movie and radio memorabilia… Recycle
Friday, August 7, 2015

Just like our t-shirt says, I may be old, but I got to see all the cool bands. Well, maybe not all. But a lot. I was watching The Midnight Special on DVD the other night and I realized just how much really great music I got to see and hear when I was growing up — and after. (You know, before I really grew up.)

I'll never forget the first time I saw Pink Floyd. Their light show was like nothing no one had ever done before. Way ahead of their time. And Kiss. At first I thought their costumes were ridiculous (I wasn't the only one). But when they hit the stage, their groove was irresistible. Those four really knew how to “rock and roll all nite”! I was lucky enough to see some of the best bands, including the Doobie Brothers, Journey, Tom Petty, Aerosmith, Van Morrison, Rod Stewart, Santana and Fleetwood Mac (both before and after they were a blues band).

I'll still go to rock concerts now and then. Maybe I'm too old to still enjoy that ringing in my ears that lasts for days. But I do. Maybe I'm too old to shake my fist and sing “and party every day!” But I do. And maybe people think I'm a bit too old for rock concerts. But they're wrong.

I might be a little older, but I'm still going to see all the cool bands.

Pink Floyd The Dark Side Of The Moon Tour Tee Pink Floyd 50 Years On The Dark Side Book And DVD Set Saw All The Cool Bands Mug KISS Fire Pose Tee KISS Fleece Throw May Be Old Bands Tee The Midnight Special DVD Set The Midnight Special DVD Set
Posted by: Betty | 8:00 AM | permalink
Newer›  ‹Older

© 2017 Johnson Smith Co.